Champéry itself is a beautiful and traditional village in French-speaking Switzerland.
– It is 90 minutes by car from Geneva airport along the northern shore of Lake Geneva.
– It is two hours from Geneva airport using the frequent and regular trains (Geneva airport – Aigle – (change for) Champéry).
– It is an easy 500 mile drive from Calais.
At 1000 metres high Champéry is a proper working village with a year-round population. There are restaurants and cafés, supermarkets, a butchers, a bakers, a bank, a chemists and a post office as well as sports centre, souvenir shops and boutiques. In the next village of Val D’Illiez is Les Thermes, a thermal spa and swimming complex. Champéry is at the end of a valley leading from the town of Monthey and the Rhone valley, and is dominated by the spectacular Dents Du Midi mountain range.
Attractions close by (by car or train):
– Chateau of Chillon near Montreux
– the Aquasport centre at Le Bouveret as well as many other lakeside attractions.
– ‘Les Thermes’ thermal spa and pool in Val D’Illiez
– the nearest town is Monthey, which has many facilities including shopping centres.
– other mountain villages such as Villars, Verbier, Gstad, Gruyere.