Champéry itself is a beautiful and traditional village in French-speaking Switzerland.
– It is 90 minutes by car from Geneva airport along the northern shore of Lake Geneva.
– It is two and a half hours from Geneva airport using the frequent and regular trains (Geneva airport – Aigle – (change for) Champéry).
– It is an easy 500 mile drive from Calais.
At 1000 metres high Champéry is a proper working village with a year-round population. There are restaurants and cafés, supermarkets, a butchers, a bakers, a bank, and a post office as well as sports centre, souvenir shops and boutiques. Champéry is at the end of a valley leading from the town of Monthey and the Rhone valley, and is dominated by the spectacular Dents Du Midi and Dents Blanches mountain ranges.
Attractions close by (by car or train):
– Chateau of Chillon near Montreux
– the Aquasport centre at Le Bouveret as well as many other lakeside attractions.
– the nearest town is Monthey, which has many facilities including shopping centres.
– other mountain villages such as Villars, Verbier, Gstad, Gruyère.